Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Filmmakers News

A warm welcome to new members

I'm proud to say we've reach a membership base on "Fans Of Film" of 200, and a following on Twitter of over 2500. Thank you and thank yourselves for being involved in a new movement for indie filmmakers looking at independent labeling and distribution as a new viable model.

The more we come together in communities like this on the web, the more freedom we will have over the future of independent production and distribution. We're currently looking for independent content for review and distribution on our own "FOF HD PPV Network"

A special thanks to the filmmaking community in Albuquerque for being so proactive in it's own growth, and a very special thanks to the film community online as a whole. This would not be possible without you.

Another thing I'm very proud of is the launch of our green group, and green distribution seal of approval, allowing digital distributors to put this beautifully illustrated and designed seal of approval on their website in support of green distribution. Join our green group on FOF http://www.fansoffilm.com/group/filmg.

Filmmaking is a change for me in some ways but in some ways not. As a 20 year artist I consider myself a master in certain mediums such as glass blowing, and water color painting. Reflecting back as a beginner in glass and the first two years of mistakes while teaching myself, that's how I fill right now has I go into my 3rd year of being an aspiring filmmaker. And yes I'm making less mistakes, and seeing real progress in my efforts for myself and for "Fans Of Film"

FOF keeps getting real attention from all over the world, and growing support from the city of Albuquerque. Such as the Albuq film office and local businesses like "LiquidLightPharm" one of the finest suppliers of fresh and locally grown wheatgrass in the state. and supplying fine organic stores, such as "Sun Flower Markets" and La Montanita co-op with their new on the go frozen shots, and now providing special delivery for the film community. Also Locally owned "Reel Solutions" providing the most experienced and professional concierge service to the growing film and entertainment industry in New Mexico.

For myself I'm currently working as a producer on a independent debut project called "LOCKED A Chicano Film Series" A production by Tito Chavez @ http://tiguex.com and you can also find them on Fans Of Film @ http://www.fansoffilm.com/group/lockednewmexico, and Myspace http://www.myspace.com/LockedNM

I'm also working on my own debut feature film called "2013 After The Dead" and recently had an early script release of witch you can read at http://2013afterthedead.com

Regards from a filmmaker that's not just thinking about himself, but wants to be a rising tide for filmmakers everywhere.

Michael Palombo
creator and administrator for "Fans Of Film"

No comments: